- Small class sizes
- Accessibility: Convenient location in Northeast DC
- Everyone is welcome: No one is turned away for inability to pay our modest tuition.
- Individualized learning goals.
- Frequent content-related field trips.
- Arts-integrated classes.
- Experiential and project-based learning.
- Visual and performing arts classes.
- Age-appropriate critical thinking and analysis challenge.
- Regular, thorough instruction in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, health, and physical education, meeting the Washington, DC and Prince George’s County, MD home school instruction requirements.
- Close attention and support for every child to grow personally and academically.
WE PROMOTE WELLNESS
- Homemade, healthy communal breakfast served daily for children, parents, and staff
- No candy, no soda policy
- Physical Education classes
- Nutrition and cooking classes using fresh ingredients
- Frequent opportunities for children to play outside
- Yoga and mindfulness classes for all age groups
WE WORK TOGETHER TO PROMOTE PEACE
- Conflicts resolved through Restorative and nonviolent communication methods
- Consequences for misbehaviors are worked through with the child
- Time and space to take a break to re-center
- Behavioral expectations are discussed and agreed upon together
- Students are empowered to express their needs and to advocate for themselves
WE ARE GLOBAL CITIZENS
- Small class sizes
- Our instruction promotes understanding and appreciation of all cultures
- International guest instructors visit and teach classes
- Local organizations representing different countries come and share music, food, and dance
- Students communicate with children in other countries through social media
- We develop relationships with a variety of groups that expand our connections to other parts of the United States and abroad
- We work with partners to help our high school students to apply for educational travel opportunities