Our participating families come from many different backgrounds, cultures, and educational experiences, but all share specific values that make Chance Academy the right place for them and their child.
- They value being actively engaged in their child’s learning.
- They want their child to be in an environment that honors individuality.
- They work as allies with staff members who care about their child’s learning and overall well-being.
- They seek an intimate and supportive sense of community.
- They appreciate the importance of the arts and of arts-integrated learning.
- They understand the Chance model of social and emotional learning as an essential component of intellectual development.
- They support a nonviolent, peace-building approach to discipline.
- They have a desire to raise conscious global citizens.
- They agree that learning happens everywhere, not just in a classroom.
- They are aware that developmental milestones are reached at different times for every child.
- They are concerned about the stress level of constant standardized testing.
- They are open to innovative ideas.
They know that the Chance Academy model does not work without their support and input.